What Causes Type 2 Diabetes?March 7, 2016
Stress and ThyroidMarch 10, 2016
Thyroid Natural Remedies – The thyroid produces several vital hormones, and an under-active or impaired thyroid can cause major health problems.
Here are some simple ways that you can naturally support your thyroid or improve one that is underperforming:
- Eat more sea vegetables, such as seaweed, dulse, and wakame. In addition to being rich in minerals and beneficial nutrients, sea vegetables are loaded with iodine.
- Make selenium-rich Brazil nuts apart of your diet.
- Include a quality natural thyroid supplement in your diet.
- Get sunlight each day to optimize your body’s production of vitamin D, and use vitamin D3 supplements if you live in an area with limited sunlight.
- Ensure that you consume enough omega-3 fatty acids, which can be found in foods such as salmon, chia seeds, and walnuts.
- Eat foods that are rich in vitamin A, such as carrots, kale, sweet potatoes, spinach, chard, and dandelion greens.
- Cook with pure, organic coconut oil to boost your food’s nutrition. It can be used for everything from baking to sauteing and stir-frying.
- Filter your drinking water and air, especially if you live in an area with significant levels of environmental pollutants.
- Use an infrared sauna on occasion to help your body combat infections and detoxify from pollutants, metals, and pesticides.
By following these tips, minimizing your stress levels whenever possible, and exercising, you’ll be more likely to benefit from these thyroid natural remedies.