Black Seed Oil and Hair HealthJuly 1, 2018
Black Cumin Seed Oil Health BenefitsJuly 4, 2018
Prescription medicines has now become expensive that more and more people have resorted to alternative medicine or herbal remedies to gain overall health benefits and is inexpensive to procure. Herbs for Diabetes and spices have been used for centuries for their medicinal capacities particularly in maintaining normal blood sugar levels among other things. Blood sugar levels that is erratic can affect normal functioning of the body and may even lead to complications if not checked.
Herbs for Diabetes
Many herbs and spices are known for its ability of lowering blood sugar.
- Allium Sativum is commonly known as garlic, has antioxidant properties and micro-circulatory effects. It helps in the reduction of high level of cholesterol. It helps reduce blood glucose, in increasing secretion of insulin and degradation of the same.
- Cinnamon may help in glycemic control and can improve insulin sensitivity and blood glucose control.
- Bauhinia forficate and Myrcia uniflora are plants both found in South America and are utilized as tea. Bauhinia is referred to as the “vegetable insulin”.
- Oregano is considered one of the best herbs to lower the level of blood sugar. It may also prevent or delay renal damage.
- Coccinia indica also known as “ivy gourd” is found to contain insulin-mimetic properties. It mimics the functions of insulin and is used for its ayurverdic remedies.
- Curry leaves helps stabilize blood glucose levels and fixing metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Gymnema sylvestre is also used in traditional ayurverdic medicine. It is believed to have significant blood glucose lowering properties. It has the ability of slowing down transport of glucose to the bloodstream from the intestines. It helps in repairing the beta cells in the pancreas that produce insulin. It is known to be one of the most powerful herbs for the treatment of high levels of blood glucose.
- Rosemary is an aromatic herb that helps naturally normalize levels of blood sugar. it also promote weight loss.
- Ficus carica or fig-leaf is known as a diabetic remedy in Spain and Southwestern Europe. It helps facilitate glucose uptake.
- Cloves provide digestive health benefits, anti-inflammatory and analgesic health benefits for diabetics.
- Momordica charantia also known as bitter melon may help in insulin secretion, glucose oxidation and other processes for diabetics. It also has acute effects on the level of blood glucose.
- Ginger has the ability to normalize the level of blood sugar. It helps soothe the digestive tract especially for diabetics who often are experiencing acid reflux.
- Turmeric has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help diabetics to manage and stabilize blood sugar levels. It also helps in boosting immunity and prevent infections for diabetics.
- Trigonella foenum graecum known also as fenugreek is used extensively in cooking. It helps improve glycaemic control in type 2 diabetics. It slows down digestion and absorption of carbohydrate in the small intestine thereby help lower blood sugar level.
- Ginseng helps in decreasing fasting blood glucose and reduce insulin resistance. Its variety include American ginseng, Korean ginseng, Siberian ginseng and Japanese ginseng.
- Silibum marianum also known as milk thistle has beneficial effect on insulin resistance. It contains high concentrations of flavonoids and antioxidants.
- Sage helps reduce blood sugar and is considered as one of the best herbs to do it. It has been traditionally used as a medicine for centuries.
- Ocimum sanctum is commonly known as holy basil. It is believed to enhance and facilitate the insulin secretion process. And also has a positive effect on postprandial and fasting glucose.
- Marjoram is high in polyphenols that aid in stabilizing blood glucose levels.
- Opuntia streptacantha, commonly known as prickly-pear cactus, has been used for glucose control in the Mexican desert. It helps in decreasing postprandial glucose.
- Cayenne helps stabilize naturally blood sugar levels. It stimulate absorption of glucose from the small intestine.
Adding all these various herbs for diabetes and spices in your diet would not only add flavor to your everyday recipes but also aid in lowering your blood sugar level. Lally Naturals Blood Sugar Support utilizes the power of twenty (20) synergistic ingredients to provide one of the most comprehensive, potent blood sugar regulator & stabilizer products available today.