Benefits of Turmeric for Thyroid DisordersDecember 9, 2017
Adrenal Cancer SymptomsDecember 17, 2017
Vitamin D helps your body absorb calcium. Cholecalciferol is Vitamin D3. Vitamin D3 is just the common name for Cholecalciferol. Cholecalciferol is taken in as a dietary supplement for people who do not get enough Vitamin D daily in their diet. It is used to improve your overall health and can sometimes help to aid in osteoporosis.
Vitamin D3 Deficiency
Sunlight is the natural source of Vitamin D3. Having low levels or loss of Vitamin D3 can cause diseases. For children, they are usually affected with rickets. For adults, they are more likely to get osteomalacia where your bones become softer and weaker.
Vitamin D3 supplements can help aid in health conditions where Vitamin D3 levels are low. Like the following:
- People who have underactive parathyroid glands
- People who have low levels of Phosphate
- Other hereditary conditions where your body is prevented to respond to your parathyroid hormone.
- People who are bedridden or who are suffering from some sort of illness that prevents them from going outside are most likely to be deficient in Vitamin D3.
- Darker skinned people need more sunlight to maintain healthy levels of Vitamin D3.
Food Sources for Vitamin D
- Blue Fish
- Or any other Oily Fish
- Egg Yolks
- Shiitake Mushrooms
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) can be taken as a supplement. Experts believe that the best form of Vitamin D supplement for you is Vitamin D3 Supplements.
You should avoid taking Vitamin D3 if you experience the following:
- if you have an allergic reaction to it.
- if ever your body already have high levels of vitamin D or calcium.
- If you have any condition that prevents your body from absorbing the nutrients it needs from the food you eat.
It is important that you should consult first your healthcare provider before you take in Vitamin D3. The doctor will identify and make sure if it is safe for you. Don’t forget to mention to your doctor if you have ever experienced these certain diseases:
- Electrolyte Imbalance
- Kidney Diseases
- Heart Diseases